Thursday, March 1, 2012

February Reading accomplishments......

I won't be giving much detail on each book I list.  I simply don't have the time right now.  This is more of a simple record for me to remember what I have read.  If you have specific questions, feel free to ask!  I'll try to make time to answer!

Knockout by Suzanne Somers
~good, interview style layout between Suzanne and innovative doctors, lots of information, a little over-the-top at times, though, IMO

Breakthrough by Suzanne Somers
~very similar to above book, so similar I thought I was reading the same book again, good though, if you are into alternative healing and nutrition

~~~~I feel like I need to add a little side note here about Suzanne Somers.  I think she is a lot smarter than many interviewers would have you believe.  I like how much research she has done for the good of the population on cancer healing and prevention.  The two books above have a lot of valuable information in them--I can't speak for anything else she has written, as I haven't read them.  Having said all that, as a Christian, I have personally felt convicted that I do not want to make health my god, or idol.  I believe it would be very easy to become consumed with it all and make it the most important thing in life.  To the point of offending and/or ostracizing other people.  I don't want to do that.  Suzanne tells you she is not religious, and it is evident (to me, anyway) that health/nutrition and especially anti-aging have become like idols in her life.  This is why I am cautious to just give these books an overwhelming "thumbs up".  Now, take that for what you will.

The Maker's Diet by Jordan Rubin
~great book! Interesting personal story of near-death healing with nutrition, biblical perspective of food and how it is raised, very do-able, this was actually my third time to read this since Nov. or Dec.-it's that good!

Blood on the River by Elisa Carbone
~read this book aloud to Ava (10), a little gritty for her age, but a very good read.  She was riveted and always wanted to hear more.  Perhaps too mature for this age-but probably a good choice anyway if you have a reluctant reader you are trying to help become interested in reading.  Pre-reading this book may be in order if you are concerned.

Hobby Farm Magazine - March/April issue, one of few subscriptions I have and always interesting!

There are a few I didn't finish in time for this month but I already have a nice stack from the library I'm anxious to get started on.  We'll see how much I get to read in March!

No comments: