Thursday, January 6, 2011

Changes for 2011......

Since so many bloggers are posting what they want to do or change in 2011, I thought I'd list mine as a reminder to myself.

I don't usually make "resolutions", but there are some definite changes I want to make this year.

1) Whole foods.

We (my hubby and I) have committed to eating a diet of whole foods. Now, we have not gone completely organic, but I believe we are headed that way. Baby steps :)

In my first shopping trip of the year, I stocked our fridge and pantry with some of the healthiest foods I could find at Wallyworld.

Kale, swiss chard, asparagus, bell peppers, squash, zucchini, cucumbers, tomatoes, avocadoes, onions, carrots, whole wheat pita bread, whole wheat tortilla wraps, whole wheat bread, tilapia, quinoa (a new to me food), black beans, and whole wheat flour.

I'm sure I left some things out, but I don't really even expect any of you to be interested in my shopping list!

What is important, is that we are eating healthier and improving the quality of our lives.

2) Read a book a week.

I enjoy reading so much, but don't make enough time to do it. I tend to read in bursts, several books in a few weeks and then none for weeks. I'd like to be more consistent and even read books that have been in the back of my mind for a while.

I'm currently reading That Printer of Udells by Harold Bell Wright.


3) Go Green with cleaning products.

I have already purchased my first Shaklee order through Bonnie and am eagerly awaiting the box man to bring it!

I can't wait to tackle my nasty oven. Seriously, it's gross. I may post before and after pictures. Then again, I may not. It's that gross!

More than anything, I'm excited to get rid of all the bottles from under my kitchen sink!

4) Purge our junk more often.

Stuff makes me feel choked. Can anyone relate???

5) Blog more often.

I've never been good at keeping a diary or journal, but blogging is kind of fun. I don't expect that it will ever be a daily habit, but several times a month would probably make me happier. I know all 4 of my followers will be ecstatic!

So, there you go. I mean, there I go. This post was really mostly for me :) But if anyone out there got something from it, that's awesomeness.

No comments: