Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Meet Oliver + S........

I was recently introduced to a neat pattern company. Oliver + S has some of the most charming clothing patterns for children I have ever seen! Liesl designs with an eye for vintage feel, quality construction, and comfort!

I downloaded the pattern Jump Rope Dress yesterday and have been happily working on this lovely little dress for my daughter.


This is the fabric I am using for View A (the pattern cover above)




View B (which I realize I can't find an illustration for):




So far, so good! The instructions seem very clear to me, with lots of little illustrations. There is also a forum on the Oliver + S website if you have questions. The ladies there are knowledgeable and very willing to help out based on their experience with these patterns.

I already know I will be sewing more with Oliver + S from here on out. My only regret is that I didn't find them when my daughter was younger! She's almost 10 and I know my days of dressing her in darling clothes are numbered. In another couple of years I'm sure she will become more opinionated about what she will want to wear and I'm almost positive it will not include much gingham :(


I'll update with the finished product in a couple of days!

No comments: