Friday, December 14, 2012

2012 Annual Ladies Christmas Dinner...............

I LOVE Christmas!  Last Friday night our church hosted our annual Ladies Christmas Dinner again, and it was beautiful!  It is always so much fun to prepare for and I usually begin thinking about next year's table immediately after our dinner.  I already have ideas.  :)

My table this year was a "Farmhouse" theme.  I mostly used items I already had at home, but bought/made just a few things.



I originally borrowed a dark green table cloth from a friend, as we used round tables for the first time this year and I don't own a round table cloth.  But, then I decided you don't HAVE to use a round table cloth just because your table is round.  I used these two black and white buffalo check curtains I made about 5 years ago for a house we lived in that had tall windows.  I have been using them for table cloths since we moved and really like the bold, country statement they make.

I bought 3 glass candlesticks and 3 small hurricane vases at the Dollar Tree to make the candlesticks you see in the photo.  Actually, Matt made them for me and I just tied ribbon around them.  :P  The photos make the ribbon look yellow, but it is really a nice, dark champagne color.



Yes, those are REAL chicken eggs in that wire basket!  I think I got a few looks from a few people about decorating with eggs, but hey, I thought they were great!  Quite a few other women did tell me they thought they were a nice touch, also.  The blue eggs are from our Aracauna hens, and I used that as my inspiration color for my table.  I wanted a nice accent of that blue, but just that.  An accent.  I repeated it in the candles and the ribbon that I tied around the candy boxes.



My  granny gave me the oil lamp.  The milk bottles were found years ago at a yard sale.  I just filled them with salt.  The sparkly twig garland was bought from Hobby Lobby 3 years ago and I love it so much I have used it each year since!  I was NOT happy about the price ($20 each and that was HALF PRICE!), but I am getting alot of mileage out of it.

 
That's me on the right.  I only knew 3 people at my table.  The other 5 were guests of a friend from church.  It's always nice to meet new people!
 
I'll show some of the other tables another time.  They were all so pretty and it's fun to see some women's personalities really shine through the way they decorate!
 

1 comment:

Susie Kay Photography said...

really was fun! I cant wait till next year